Nginx Ubuntu package policy

Konstantin Pavlov thresh at nginx.com
Mon Dec 21 08:49:09 UTC 2015

Hi Ádám,

On 21/12/2015 02:17, Joó Ádám wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any document specifying Nginx’s policy on the pre-built Ubuntu
> packages? I’d like to know how it is decided which Ubuntu releases are
> supported, from which point, for how long, with which Nginx releases
> (features/security), and if one can rely on packages once published
> remaining available.

The packages are built for Ubuntu releases currently supported by
Canonical.  Once a new distribution is out, the packages are built for
it, both stable and mainline.  Once an old distribution is EOLed, the
new packages are no longer built for it but the old ones still remain in
the repo.

The list of the supported distros is available on
http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html.

--
Konstantin Pavlov