G-WAN assumptions: Part of truth/lies?

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Mon Feb 9 00:30:51 UTC 2015

And of course, you should ask what the relevance of delivering a single,
100byte file a huge number of times actually has in real life, or where
useful things - like comparison of server side languages behind various
web servers - are tested.

And yes, any web servers latency should be approximately zero for
testing delivery of a static file locally ( also pointless ).

returning empty_gif, rather than nop.gif is also exercising internal
code, rather than just delivering a file, so the processing is not
comparable.

saving open file metadata may also help, but the test is so skewed and
unrealistic it's not really worth the effort.

That's just my view as a SysAdmin

Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP
http://www.greengecko.co.nz
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveholdoway