Reporter looking to talk about the Silk Road Case / Special Agent Chris Tarbell

Matthew Phelan matthew.phelan at gawker.com
Fri Feb 13 21:21:09 UTC 2015

Thanks for the interest, B.R.

*---The only way to understand how the backend server behaves is to see its
whole configuration, namely 'Exhibit 6' which I cannot seem to find. */* Do
you have a direct link to it?*

Sadly, no. Here <http://antilop.cc/sr/#exhibit>, you will find a torrent to
"all the evidentiary exhibits" introduced during the trial of Ross Ulbricht
<https://t.co/hhsB3Ykjsz>. Exhibit 6 should be in that torrent somewhere.

*It would also be interesting to know where the agent attempted to connect
from. If he already had access to the front-end server through
comprimission, he could then initiate connections from there successfully.*

*Is it said he managed to connect to that backend directly from outside the
infrastructure?*
I may be wrong, but my recollection is that "Yes" it has been said that
Tarbell managed to connect from outside the infrastructure. This is perhaps
why certain commentators have found the Tarbell declaration implausible.

---

Best,
Matthew