ifdefine alternative

neubyr neubyr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 20:34:45 UTC 2015

I have existing apache configuration which updates it's allow-deny rules
based on whether it's development or production system. For example, apache
gets started with '-D ${HOST_ENVIRONMENT}'  parameter which is then used in
IFDefine block. I was wondering if Nginx has any options to use similar
options.

I thought about using perl modules to set variables based on environment
variable, but I was wondering if there are any other options. Any ideas on
alternative to -D/IfDefine will be helpful.

~
thanks, N