Connection statuses

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Thu Feb 19 15:34:32 UTC 2015

On Thursday 19 February 2015 10:12:02 K Young wrote:
> Thanks Maxim, that's what I needed to know.
>
> How common would you say it is to use accept filters / deferred accept on
> nginx in production?
>
> Also to be perfectly certain: connections.idle
> <http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_status_module.html#data> in Plus is
> the same as Waiting
> <http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_stub_status_module.html#data> in
> Open, right?

Yes, right.

> Is "Active" on the status demo <http://demo.nginx.com/status.html> =
> read+write?

No.  It's "active" minus "idle" (i.e. waiting).

"Read + write" can be bigger than the number of connections in case of SPDY.
I prefer calling them as the requests metrics despite of the stub status
point of view.  This sum actually is requests.current in the status module.

http://demo.nginx.com/status/requests/current

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev