Gzip a PUT request + automatic deflate by ngx_http_dav_module

Olivier Rossel olivier.rossel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:37:34 UTC 2015

Hi all.

I am using Nginx with the ngx_http_dav_module (i.e WebDav).
I use the PUT method of Webdav to upload files to my Nginx server.

Unfortunately, it is quite slow when files are big, and I would like
to enable gzip compression
for my PUT uploads.

Such a feature is available in the mod_deflate module of Apache:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_deflate.html#input

I am wondering if such a feature is also available in the ngx_http_dav_module.

Any help (or other option to fasten my uploads) is welcome.