Nginx Configuration saying Not found. Why and How to get rid of it?

nurrony nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Jan 9 12:59:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am compiling and installing NGinx from source and installed all following
lib

sudo yum install gcc \
gcc-c++ \
pcre-devel \
zlib-devel \
make \
unzip \
openssl-devel \
libaio-devel \
glibc \
glibc-devel \
glibc-headers \
libevent \
linux-vdso.so.1 \
libpthread.so.0 \
libcrypt.so.1 \
libstdc++.so.6 \
librt.so.1 \
libm.so.6 \
libpcre.so.0 \
libssl.so.10 \
libcrypto.so.10 \
libdl.so.2 \
libz.so.1 \
libgcc_s.so.1 \
libc.so.6 \
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 \
libfreebl3.so \
libgssapi_krb5.so.2 \
libkrb5.so.3 \
libcom_err.so.2 \
libk5crypto.so.3 \
libkrb5support.so.0 \
libkeyutils.so.1 \
libresolv.so.2 \
libselinux.so.1

$yum groupinstall 'Development Tools'

But when I run the following configure command on REHL found some "not
found"

$./configure \
--with-debug \
--prefix=/etc/nginx \
--sbin-path=/usr/sbin/nginx \
--conf-path=/etc/nginx/nginx.conf \
--pid-path=/var/run/nginx.pid \
--lock-path=/var/run/nginx.lock \
--error-log-path=/var/log/nginx/error.log \
--http-log-path=/var/log/nginx/access.log \
--with-http_gzip_static_module \
--with-http_stub_status_module \
--with-http_realip_module \
--with-http_secure_link_module \
--with-pcre \
--with-file-aio \
--with-cc-opt="-DTCP_FASTOPEN=23" \
--with-ld-opt="-L /usr/local/lib" \
--without-http_scgi_module \
--without-http_uwsgi_module \
--without-http_fastcgi_module \
| grep 'not found'

got the following output

checking for sys/filio.h ... not found
checking for /dev/poll ... not found
checking for kqueue ... not found
checking for crypt() ... not found
checking for F_READAHEAD ... not found
checking for F_NOCACHE ... not found
checking for directio() ... not found
checking for dlopen() ... not found
checking for SO_SETFIB ... not found
checking for SO_ACCEPTFILTER ... not found
checking for kqueue AIO support ... not found
checking for setproctitle() ... not found
checking for POSIX semaphores ... not found
checking for struct dirent.d_namlen ... not found

I figure out that the followings are found with another one
crypt
dlopen
kqueue
poll
POSIX semaphores

But other are not found yet. Why this is happening? How to resolve those?
and Is it ok having not found while configuration. I am afraid to go further
skipping these not found issues

Thanks in advance

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,256013,256013#msg-256013