verifying that load balancing really works

ST smntov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 11:23:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

how can I verify that load balancing really works? I have 2 servers with
nginx, one of them functions as a LoadBalancer and redirects requests
either on itself or on the other server(by default round-robin). When I
look on the traffic using jnettop it looks like both servers are
loaded(while the LB is loaded more), but if I check traffic statistics
with my server provider I see that the LB server shows ca. 233Gb while
the other server only 0.012Gb in the same period. What is the rigth way
to verify it?

Thank you.