monitor upstream IP addr changes without using nginx's resolver

Kunal Pariani kpariani at zimbra.com
Fri Jan 16 19:17:23 UTC 2015

Sorry am new to Lua but can you plz explain how this upstream status & control will help with this issue. How can i query for the upstream ip after every certain time interval and reconfigure nginx if there's a change detected ?
The reason for not using nginx's resolver here is that i have to parse the resolv.conf to get the nameservers which is not a clean solution as there are still some linux distros that don't use /etc/resolv.conf. This should be OS & implementation independent. How to make this work everywhere ?

Thanks
-Kunal