High load due to reload

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Jul 6 12:36:45 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 08:45:53AM +0200, 5hosting GmbH wrote:

> thanks for your explanation. Is there a formula we can use to calculate the
> amount of RAM needed in a reload scenario?

As previously suggested, nginx memory consumption during a reload
may be doubled compared to normal operations - because there will
be twice as much worker processes.  Having at least the same
amount of memory as normally occupied by nginx worker processes
(excluding shared memory zones) in (free + inactive) is usually
good enough to ensure seamless reloads.

http://nginx.org/