stub_status newrelic plugin

xnirchan nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jul 6 13:41:02 UTC 2015

Hello nginx experts,

I wonder how nginx generate the server status by stub_status directive.
I have set several virtual host on single server and I put the several nginx
server behind load balancer.

I have 2 questions:
1. does stub_status show difference results between virtual hosts in one
server or actually this status report is for whole server, regardless its
virtual host?

2. what if I put several server behind load balancer, is it still relevant
to single server (shown randomly depend on load balancer) or they can be
separated per server? Currently I am using newrelic plugin and the report
seems separated, I am not pretty sure if this report is accurate to the
respective server or it is just random report based on stub_status accessed
by the agent.

thank you for your time and answer.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,260085,260085#msg-260085