[Nginx] How to support file upload in Nginx 1.8

ecflyer nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Jul 17 21:49:23 UTC 2015

I'm very new, a novice when it comes to nginx and setting up a web server,
and trying to figure out how to upload files. We already have an Apache
solution with PHP, but do not want to use PHP anymore.

I've looked over this tutorial but could not get it to work:
https://coderwall.com/p/swgfvw/nginx-direct-file-upload-without-passing-them-through-backend

Is there a really elementary step-by-step explanation for adding upload
capability through a post command? I mean, I'm not even sure where all the
files and folders are supposed to go.

Finally, we will not be uploading files through a web-browser, but from
desktop and mobile applications. So any explanations related to that may not
be helpful.

Sorry to be such a newbie, but I don't have a ton of experience outside my
programming language: LiveCode. But I am diving in trying to learn more.

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 using nginx 1.8.0. I also added the nginx_upload_module
to my build; not sure if this is causing problems trying to use
clientbodyinfileonly.

TIA,

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,259249,260411#msg-260411