proxy_pass redirection

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Jul 24 22:44:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 11:16:12AM +0200, Puneeth Kumar wrote:

Hi there,

> Sorry for confusion, proxy_pass is working for me.
>
> I'm passing below link (exact URI) to proxy_pass
>
> http://IP:8881/ingestion/v1.0/streams/NGINEX.
>
> I want to keep the link(URI) only till
> http://IP:8881/ingestion/v1.0/streams/
> & the last word (NGINX) application should pick.

I do not understand what you want.

Can you write down one request that you will make to nginx, and the
matching request that you want nginx to make to its upstream?

And then, write down one other request that you will make to nginx,
and the matching request that you want nginx to make to its upstream.

That may make it clear what proxy_pass directive you want.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org