upstart conf for managing nginx

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Jul 25 07:00:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 04:09:02PM -0700, vikrant singh wrote:

Hi there,

> I wrote a small upstart script to stop/start nginx through upstart. This is
> how it looks

I do not have an upstart system to test on, but:

* comparing with http://wiki.nginx.org/Upstart, you have "expect daemon"
and that has "expect fork".

* the binary you run is /usr/local/nginx/nginx; I think it is more common
for it to be /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx.

Does checking and changing either of those make a difference?

Does "hangs" mean "things run fine eventually, but there is a delay";
or "things never run correctly"?

(Is there anything in the nginx or upstart logs which might indicate
the problem?)

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org