problem : nginx with magento

steve steve at greengecko.co.nz
Tue Jun 9 02:02:50 UTC 2015

Hi

On 09/06/15 13:46, Prameswar Lal wrote:
> Hi steve ,
> i have checked with your setting also . its not working .
>

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 5:52 AM, steve <steve at greengecko.co.nz
> <mailto:steve at greengecko.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 09/06/15 01:34, Prameswar Lal wrote:
>>     hi i am using nginx with magento which use fastCGI .
>>     whenever i type in url http://example.com/index.php then
>>     index.php start downloading .
>>     can anyone help me  ?
>>
>     location ~ \.php$ {
>
>          fastcqi_index index.php;
>          fastcgi_pass127.0.0.1:9000  <http://127.0.0.1:9000>;
>          fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock;
>          include fastcgi_params;
>          fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
>          # By all means use a different server for the fcgi processes if you need to
>
>         fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(.*)$;
>
>        }
>
>     You have 2 fastcgi_pass lines, one to127.0.0.1:9000  <http://127.0.0.1:9000>  and one to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock
>
>     Only one of these should be there, the correct one will be defined in your php-fpm configuration, which isn't shown.
>

>     I use a backend predefined in nginx.conf to identify the php-fpm pool to use. The 2 relevant location blocks in a base install of mine...
>

>     	location / {
>     		try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;
>     	}
>
>     	location ~ \.php$ {
>     		try_files $uri =404;
>
>     		fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
>
>     		include fastcgi_params;
>     		fastcgi_index index.php;
>     		fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
>     		fastcgi_pass backend;
>     	}
>

>     which will work with just about every PHP based CMS out there... well enough to get you started....
>

>     Steve
>
>     --
>     Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP
>     http://www.greengecko.co.nz
>     Linkedin:http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveholdoway
>     Skype: sholdowa

If it's just downloading the code, then it's not being passed to your
php-fastcgi processes. I assume you're not now getting a 'bad gateway'
error, so it's never being asked to do so.

Are you sure this is the config file you're actually processing, and
there's no default one taking precedence ( note the format of the listen
makes a difference )???