Redirect on specific threshold !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:07:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

   Thanks for the help guys. Regarding @ryd994 suggestion, the reason we
don't want to deploy this structure is that the Caching node will have to
respond for each client's request and even it will be only doing proxy for
most of the requests(without caching them), high i/o will still be required
to serve the big proxy request(700MB mp4) to the user and that way caching
node will eventually become the bottleneck between user and storage node,
isn't it ?

@steve thanks for tmpfs point. but we're using caching node with 1TB+ SSD
storage and will prefer SSD  cache over RAM(though RAM is faster but not as
big as SSD).

Using redirect URL we believe would be only pointing specific requests
towards the cachind node and than this node will fetch requested file using
proxy_cache.

Regards.
Shahzaib.