Server info in SSL handshake?

E.B. emailbuilder88 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 13:10:32 UTC 2015

Sorry, I think false alarm. I think it happened when I
removed the port so listening on all ports and it caught
traffic to php-fpm immediately below the traffic from
the outside to nginx so it looked like the server info
was on port 443 but i think it was not.

Subject: Server info in SSL handshake?
 To: nginx at nginx.org

 Hi, today I was watching traffic on
 port 443 for other reasons
 and I saw a line go by that had unusual information,
 looking
 a little bit like server info headers (I saw "nginx" and the
 version
 number and a couple other info I think maybe "REMOTE_ADDR"
 or something like it). Its port 443 so it surprised me --
 does
 some server info leak out during the SSL handshake?

 I saw it at least twice but now it isn't coming back and I
 wasn't
 able to capture it.  :(