Can thread pool improve performance for such scenario

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 07:52:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

  This is what they have to say about threads :

Offloading read operations to the thread pool is a technique applicable to
very specific tasks. It is most useful where the volume of frequently
requested content doesn’t fit into the operating system’s VM cache. This
might be the case with, for instance, a heavily loaded NGINX-based
streaming media server. This is the situation we’ve simulated in our
benchmark.

So if you got storage which doesn't fit into Ram such as 2TB storage with
32Gb RAM . In this case, threads could be useful. Otherwise, nginx is
already very much robust to serve concurrent requests against standard
extensions such as jpeg,css,html and many more.

You can read more about threads in following link :

http://nginx.com/blog/thread-pools-boost-performance-9x/

Regards.
Shahzaib