nginx reverse proxy sizing

blason nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Mar 1 17:05:32 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

This is my first forum and I am pretty new to nginx. What I am going to do
here is planning to setup nginx as a reverse proxy for my certain websites
on suse enterprise linux and I do have certain questions about sizing hence
would appreciate if community can help me here?

1. How is sizing done for reverse proxy? Is it based on hits, IOs etc..
2. Can we have redundancy built for reverse proxy since my proxy will be
serving very critical resources
3. Do we have any GUI for log analysis like weblyzer or something which can
show up nice log analysis?
4. is it advisable to introduce WAF modules with nginx like from trustwave
or comodo?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,256972,256972#msg-256972