ProxyPass to target need to pass another proxy

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Mar 23 13:38:08 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 09:09:07AM -0400, elronar wrote:

Hi there,

> I need to configure an nginx via proxypass. The target of the proxy itself
> is behind a proxy.

nginx as a client speaks http to a http server.

It does not speak http-being-proxied to a http proxy server.

> Anyone another idea?

Assuming that I've correctly understood your setup:

Option 1 - do not use nginx as the client.

Option 2 - change your squid to listen for http, not just for
http-being-proxied.

(This may be called "transparent mode". The squid documentation probably
has more.)

> In apache2 it is "only" a ProxyRemote * XXX.YYY.FFF.EEE:3128 .

apache2 does speak http-being-proxied to a http proxy server.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org