PCRE with NGINX

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue May 5 12:20:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 04:50:28AM -0400, nginxsantos wrote:

Hi there,

> I looked @ http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/server_names.html
> It sames put it inside " " and once I did that it is working

Yes - "wrap the regex in double quotes" is the right answer.

This line does appear in the documentation for "rewrite" and for "if";
but not for "location" or "map".

nginx documentation improvement suggestion:

It may be worth adding it to those (and anywhere else that uses regexes);
or to link from everywhere to a "regex in nginx" document.

(Yes, I know "patches welcome", and I'm not providing any. I'm not sure
whether "duplicate" or "link" is better.)

Thanks,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org