Intermittent SSL Handshake Errors

DrMickeyLauer nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri May 8 14:49:51 UTC 2015

First off, thanks to all who contributed to this thread. I must admit I did
not understand much of it, however as someone plagued by this bug (we have a
bunch of cherrypy REST servers talking to iOS and Android clients and have
seen a lot of those fallback errors), I must admit I'm a bit of a loss on
how to proceed here with regards to the future.

Yes, I have downgraded my libssl to deb7u12, however I wonder if the openssl
team or debian or anyone capable of fixing this issue for good in future
openssl releases is aware of what we found here. How to proceed? Especially
in light of a new debian release (not sure whether I can downgrade to
deb7u12 on jessie...).

Best regards,

Michael Lauer.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,256373,258752#msg-258752