static file performance "staircase" pattern

Nikolaj Schomacker sjums07 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:58:17 UTC 2015

It's not a requirement in any way and your SEO might turn out just fine
using different subdomains. My suggestion is not just made up from my
imagination, but advice from a Google employee since this have been a real
problem for us. By serving the same image from multiple subdomains, from
the same page the image can end up in a kind of "limbo" where google can't
decide which image to use.

Also, as I understand it, canonical headers are currently only supported
for web search and not image search from reading this doc
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/139066?hl=en .

Again, this might not even be relevant for your case, Dennis :)

~ Nikolaj