host names in 1.9

sentinel21 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue May 26 22:47:19 UTC 2015

I'm having some difficulty using the stream directive in 1.9.  I may be
using it wrong, so please correct me if this is incorrect or not possible.

stream {
    server {
        listen 1520;
        server_name customhost.example.com
        proxy_pass db;
    }
    upstream db {
        server 10.100.0.104:1523;

I have multiple host names (server_name s) that I want to hit 1520 and be
proxied to different upstream dbs.  I have a second stream context with a
different server_name and different upstream db.  I can't get this to work.
I think I'm missing something.  How would I accomplish this?  ultimate goal:
 reverse proxy a database connection based on host name.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,259144,259144#msg-259144