listen deferred option

CJ Ess zxcvbn4038 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 01:28:29 UTC 2015

Just curious - if I am using the deferred listen option on Linux my
understanding is that nginx will not be woken up until data arrives for the
connection. If someone is trying to DDOS me by opening as many connections
as possible (has happened before) how does that situation play out with
deferred accepts?

Currently I am not using the deferred option and I have timeouts set so
that if complete request headers aren't received in a few seconds then the
connection is closed, however with deffered accepts I don't believe nginx
would be able to do that.