Certificate Transparency

locojohn nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Nov 11 11:03:32 UTC 2015

Joó Ádám Wrote:

> The TLS extension is the only method to implement Certificate
> Transparency without the assistance of the CA, and starting with
> January 1 2015 Chrome refuses to display the green bar for EV
> certificates without Certificate Transparency.
>
> StartSSL is one CA that currently does not support other methods,
> which means a lot of sites suffers from this.

Interesting, we have installed multi-domain EV certificates from StartSSL
for our company and we use Nginx, and EV green bar works in all modern and
even not so modern browsers:

https://www.ahlers.com

I presume Certificate Transparency is not required then?

Best regards,
Andrejs

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,262652,262726#msg-262726