HTTP/2 Issues

Matthias Rieber ml-nginx at zu-con.org
Thu Nov 12 06:57:19 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015, DrDinosaur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was having a few issues with HTTP/2 requests. Some files and images aren't
> here: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=553282

I had similar a problem with a website which loads lots of css/js files.
Many of them failed with the spd compression error. It appears that it
depends on the characteristics of internet connection, but I couldn't
proof that.

Increasing ssl_buffer_size to 32k solved the issue for me. I usually set
ssl_buffer_size to 4k. After serveral tries it appears that lower values
cause more problems with HTTP/2. Even with the default (16k) some requests
fail with the compression error.

Matthias