Nginx cache 1 KEY into multiple cache files (cache not running)

semseoymas nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Nov 19 23:46:47 UTC 2015

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> Multiple cache files for the same key can be created if a backend
> response uses the Vary mechanism to allow multiple resource
> variants.  It is supported and taken into account when caching
> since nginx 1.7.7, http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES:

THANKS THANKS so much!

My solution taken:
- using mod_deflate only for apache listening at 443 only (it is a cpanel
host)
- deactivate mod_deflate at apache at 8081 (now, there is no vary at all)
- nginx using apache 8081 as proxy_cache server.
- now nginx is the one sending cache elements using gzip if required.

For me, this is really better that apache proccessing twice, and nginx
storing twice (or more) due to vary.

Thanks, again.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,262943,262976#msg-262976