SEO gone mad...

nanaya me at myconan.net
Tue Oct 13 13:46:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015, at 04:59 AM, steve wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a requirement from a customer that the terminal slash be
> rewritten when accessing the homepage - eg example.com/ is a 301 to
> example.com
>
> I've tried a simple rewrite of ^/$ but that just loops.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,

I'm not sure what's happening in this thread, but

1.
you can't redirect example.com/ to example.com because browser is
already doing that (making request for example.com/ while showing just
example.com in address bar)

2.
to remove end slash for everything else by redirect, just use this

location ~ ^(.+)/+$ { return 301 $1; }