Http2 Priority

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Tue Oct 13 15:16:03 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 13 October 2015 22:43:48 Muhui Jiang wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thank you so much. Valentin.
> My understanding:
> Though clinklittle128.png has higher priority, the server wants to send it
> first to the client. But because of flow control, the clinklittle128.png is
> blocked(waiting for the window update frame). But at this time the server
> don't want to waste the resource, so it will send the index.html,
> preloadjs.min.js  etc. When the server received the window update frame,
> it will send the clinklittle128.png once again. Am I right?

Yes, that's right.

> BTW: could you please locate the related source code for me. I want to have
> a deep research on it. Many Thanks

The code related to exhausting flow control window is here:
http://hg.nginx.org/nginx/file/tip/src/http/v2/ngx_http_v2_filter_module.c#l1012

Here is what happens on receiving window update:
http://hg.nginx.org/nginx/file/tip/src/http/v2/ngx_http_v2.c#l2130

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev