SEO gone mad...

steve steve at greengecko.co.nz
Tue Oct 13 20:11:48 UTC 2015

On 10/14/2015 09:03 AM, nanaya wrote:

>>> I don't know how you can miss this which has been quoted before:
>>>
>>> ```
>>> Rest assured that for your root URL specifically, http://example.com is
>>> equivalent to http://example.com/ and can’t be redirected even if you’re
>>> Chuck Norris.
>>> ```
>>>
>>> http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/04/to-slash-or-not-to-slash.html

>> When your customer states categorically that it is a problem, then it is
>> my job to investigate.
>>
> You said

> but the google article clearly says otherwise (unless you're referring
> to a different google article).

I suggest you re-read the article... whilst it does include the Chuck
Norris quote, it also states 'While it’s not totally optimal behavior,
it’s perfectly legitimate and a-okay. :)'.

Obviously my clients consultants were aiming at the 'optimal' solution,
which is what the canonical header is designed for.

( this is also *not* a google sanctioned document - it's on blogspot )

--
Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MIITP
http://www.greengecko.co.nz