Error 404 if url contains "star"

Alexander Schwarz alexschwarz at live.de
Sun Apr 10 17:16:33 UTC 2016

Hello,
i have a very strange problem with my nginx configuration. If the URL contains the word "star", i get the standard 404 Error not found page.
I defined a rule that should redirect all requests to index.php.
http://example.com/some/url/starr --> works, returns my custom styled error 404 page (processed by PHP)http://example.com/some/url/star -> exact word "star", returns default error 404 page (Request does not seem to go over PHP)
The access_log does not log the 404 Error, if the url contains the word. I changed to debug log levels but no logfileis showing something. Tried different nginx versions, server is running Debian 8.
Any ideas?!
Best regards, Alex