TLS/SSL Cache Automatic Purge

Arnaud Van der Vorst sbxara at
Mon Apr 11 08:41:00 UTC 2016

My name is Arnaud and I am new to the list.

I would like to know if NGINX is using any automatic purge mechanism for its
TLS/SSL Cache configured using the following directives:

ssl_session_timeout 10m;

ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;

I understand that a daily purge of TLS/SSL Cache is highly recommended to
avoid breaking Perfect Forward Secrecy of the TLS Protocol.

If it does NOT use automatic purge, how can I purge the Shared cache used by
NGINX then?

Are there any command line tools for that purpose?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer and have a nice day!

Kind regards,