Nginx hack day project

CJ Ess zxcvbn4038 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 21:42:39 UTC 2016

I was trying to think of a hack day project, and one idea was to implement
a blob server similar to Facebook's haystack. Facebook did their server
with the evhttpd library, I was thinking of making it an nginx module. In
order to make it work I'd need to have nginx send a range of bytes from a
larger file as bytes 0..x of the requested object. Is there a capability to
do that within Nginx?

I could only find one module that did something similar, and it copied the
data it wanted to a seperate file before sending it. However, it was an old
module so it might not represent the abilities of modern nginx.