nginx returns 503 when it gets 403 from haproxy

CJ Ess zxcvbn4038 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:54:40 UTC 2016

Ok, I figured it out. Seems that several years ago someone at my day job
did a custom errorfile in haproxy which returns a 503 error whenever
haproxy intends to return a 403 error. It was forgotten and went unnoticed
until now. Now we have to figure out if its a cut and paste error or if
there was a legit reason for doing this. Either way its not an nginx (or
haproxy) issue.