Port redirect in URL

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Thu Apr 21 14:09:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm going a bit crazy here and hoping for some help. I've set up a new
Mailman installation on FreeBSD. The system is set as follows:

Web <-> nginx SSL termination and reverse proxy <-> nginx + fcgiwrap +
Mailman

When I try to access https://lists.mydomain.com or
https://lists.mydomain.com/ it redirects me to

URL except the main one, it works as expected.

I have tried multiple options including:

port_in_redirect off;
proxy_bind $host:443;
proxy_redirect off;

Nothing seems to be working.
Proxy settings for nginx front end: server

     location / {
         proxy_pass http://10.0.250.37:8000;
         proxy_set_header    X-Real-IP   $remote_addr;
         proxy_set_header    X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
	proxy_set_header    X-Forwarded-Proto   $scheme;
         proxy_http_version 1.1;
         proxy_set_header Connection "";
         proxy_redirect   off;
         proxy_set_header   Host  $host;

	[snip]
     }

Backend server uses fastcgi for Python via fcgiwrap. Any help would be
appreciated.

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference." - Mark Twain