Question about reverse proxies and WAFs

Robert Paprocki rpaprocki at
Mon Apr 25 15:09:55 UTC 2016

> There are also several WAFs built upon Openresty (nginx + luajit at
> however I haven't set any of them up yet so I can't
> comment on their production readiness.

Speaking as the author of one of these (lua-resty-waf,, I can tell you that it's
definitely a production-ready project. lua-resty-waf is designed to provide
direct translation of ModSecurity functionality, and allows you to port
your existing ModSecurity ruleset, obviating the need to rewrite your rules
in a new syntax.