question about tmpfs

Styopa Semenukha semenukha at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:34:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

This is probably not related to Nginx, you might want to visit Linux forums or lists for more detailed information. However, having tmpfs mounted at those directories is a normal mode of operation in many Linux distros. They are mounted automatically, and typically you don't need to worry about them.

I recommend reading at least the section about tmpfs in mount(8) manual page:
http://linux.die.net/man/8/mount

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 11:47:18 AM basti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about tmpfs.
>
> On my raspberry pi I with only 256 MB RAM df looks like.
>
> root at pi:~# df -h
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/root        15G  2.0G   13G  14% /
> devtmpfs        111M     0  111M   0% /dev
> tmpfs           115M     0  115M   0% /dev/shm
> tmpfs           115M   13M  102M  11% /run
> tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
> tmpfs           115M     0  115M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
> /dev/mmcblk0p1   56M   20M   37M  36% /boot
> tmpfs            23M     0   23M   0% /run/user/33
> tmpfs            23M     0   23M   0% /run/user/0
>
> Is tmpfs "overload"?
> What happens when a add a new tmpfs partition e.g for squid?
>
> Is there a way to manipulate the size of the "default" tmpfs shown
> above? In /etc/fstab I cant found anything about tmpfs.
>
> root at pi:~# cat /etc/fstab
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults          0       0
> /dev/mmcblk0p1  /boot           vfat    defaults          0       2
> /dev/mmcblk0p2  /               ext4    defaults,noatime  0       1
> # a swapfile is not a swap partition, no line here
> #   use  dphys-swapfile swap[on|off]  for that
> root at pi:~#

Sincerely yours,
Styopa Semenukha.