Proxy Buffer Sizing

Chino Aureus chino.aureus at
Tue Aug 2 09:36:26 UTC 2016

Hi NGINX Community,

Seeking for your help on the two items related to proxy buffers:

1)  Would like to ask guidance how to properly size the ff:

The reason I'm setting this up is due to an error wherein NGINX complain
large headers.

Did google searching on guideline / recommended practice to compute optimal
value for the above directives but so far I haven't found any.

2) How soon are the responses in the proxy buffer sent to the client ?
Will it cause delay example if it's waiting for the buffer to get full?