nginx upgrade fails due bind error on in a FreeBSD jail

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Wed Dec 14 14:31:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 06:36:14AM -0500, Alt wrote:

> steveh Wrote:
> > listen 443 default_server accept_filter=httpready ssl;
> > listen 80 default_server accept_filter=httpready;
> Not related to your problem: I think you'll want "accept_filter=dataready"
> for your SSL configuration.

Yes, but there isn't much difference: as long as httpready sees
something different from a HTTP request, it just passes the
connection to nginx.

Quoting accf_http(9):

     If something other than a HTTP/1.0 or HTTP/1.1 HEAD or GET request is
     received the kernel will allow the application to receive the connection
     descriptor via accept().

So the only difference is an additional check in the kernel.

Maxim Dounin