limit_req per subnet?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:50:54 UTC 2016

> proxy_cache / fastcgi_cache the pages output will help. Flood all you want
> Nginx handles flooding and lots of connections fine your back end is your
> weakness / bottleneck that is allowing them to be successful in effecting
> your service.

Definitely.  My backend is of course the bottleneck so I'd like nginx
to refrain from passing a request on to the backend if it is deemed to
be part of a group of requests that should be rate limited.  But there
doesn't seem to be a good way to do that if the group should contain
more than one IP.  I think any method that groups requests by UA will
require too much human monitoring.

- Grant