cache file is too small

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Thu Dec 29 14:05:16 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 12:50:36AM -0500, omkar_jadhav_20 wrote:

> I am using nginx running with version 1.10.2
> Also could you please suggest what is the permanent solution for this also

The message suggests the cache directory was used with nginx
1.11.6+.  If this is not something you did intentionally in the
past - you may want to investigate how this happened.

Easiest solution is to remove all the cache contents and let nginx
to re-populate the cache correctly.  Also make sure no other nginx
instances are using the same cache directory.

> what does exactly use_temp_path does?
> Should we keep it explicitly on , we have not set this directive in our
> nginx.conf.

The "use_temp_path" parameter is to control how temporary files
are stored.  You don't need to touch it unless you understand it
is beneficial in your particular setup.

Maxim Dounin