Configure complex dynamic urls

wellimp nginx-forum at
Wed Feb 3 07:22:21 UTC 2016

Hi I've been trying to configure an nginx to accept a complex dynamic url,
so far I got this. (, this what I got so far.

Here is the deal, the url should be working like these: - will be the normal domain with information, user registration
and user authentication. (,

the user can create database from their account., view the database information, and list all the database htey have created

so far everything can be done and I can manage this.

The issue start here. to the user manage their database, create tables, etc,
I want the url format to be: http://{user}{database}, this
should proxy to a system/program that handles the database management (that
should be hidden and only accessed by the url mention before).

If user go to http://{user}{database}/login, they are actually
going to the another database manager, pre-filling the username and database
to be used.

Thanks for you help in advance

PS. is using nginx+php and the database management software is
using htaccess+php+nginx