lose value of $uid_set

youjie zeng youjie.zeng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:28:59 UTC 2016

Hello, master of nginx, I have a question when using
ngx_http_userid_module. here is the detail description:

nginx version:1.7

log_format  main '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request"

server {

        userid on;

        userid_name user_id;

        set $uid_reset myuid;

because i set $uid_reset not empty, $uid_set would get a new uuid every
time nginx process a request.

but i found some strange things, I got value "-" of $uid_set, that means
$uid_set did not get a value. even though over 92% request have correct
value of $uid_set, but the 2% do not. And i did not found abnormal of those

Do you have any idea about this?

looking forward your reply!

have a nice day!