Image filter module

Andrew Hutchings ahutchings at
Mon Feb 29 15:03:36 UTC 2016

Hi Ayman,

The module uses the GD library underneath which doesn't support EXIF
rotation (or really any of EXIF). In addition the module will strip off
the EXIF data if it is more than 5% of the image size.

If you wish to preserve the EXIF you may need to make a microservice to
do the resizing whilst either rotating using the EXIF or preserving the

There are several examples on the internet on how to do this with a
small PHP script using the EXIF and GD module or ImageMagick.

Kind Regards