Debian Jessie, Nginx, PHP, UWSGI quick start

Rainer Duffner rainer at
Sun Jan 3 02:00:58 UTC 2016

> Am 02.01.2016 um 08:37 schrieb Thomas Glanzmann <thomas at>:
> Hello,
> I had to host a potential unsecure PHP web application. So I though about
> writing a small c programm which creates a network, filesystem, pid,
> uts, and ipc namespace and run php-fpm inside it.

Excuse me if I’m blunt, but: can’t you just use php-fpm’s chroot feature?
What’s the advantage of using uwsgi for php, apart from some tricks you really cannot do with php-fpm (running multiple PHPs at the same time).

I’ve chrooted all my php-fpm instances (under FreeBSD) and it works very well.

Of course, you can’t talk to any socket directly anymore. But that’s a minor issue IMO.