What modules are using the query term "token" for access control?

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jan 21 18:16:36 UTC 2016

I have seen that couple media sites are using the "token" query term for
access control to some media content and I was wondering what module can
do that?
For examples the request:
http://example.com/media/111111.mp4?token=xyz_very_long_token

allows access to only this 111111.mp4 specific file and not to 111112.mp4 .

I can write a web application that does the same thing but was wondering
what might be used if there are couple web servers and couple content
servers. In this specific case the token should be either shared between
the servers or that the token has some encrypted data in it.
Are there any modules that implements this function?

Thanks,
Eliezer