Nginx Slow download over 1Gbps load !!

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Jan 31 18:59:30 UTC 2016

> Am 31.01.2016 um 19:48 schrieb shahzaib shahzaib <shahzaib.cb at gmail.com <mailto:shahzaib.cb at gmail.com>>:
>
> The server is using ports 18 and 19 and those port are configured with speed 1000
>

> LH26876_SW2#sh run int g 0/18
>
> !
>
> interface GigabitEthernet 0/18
>
> description LH28765_3
>
> no ip address
>
> speed 1000

Can you set that to „auto“ of some sort?
I know very little about switches - but we usually have problems when one side is set to auto negotiation and the other isn’t….
Most of the time, the switch being set to some fixed bandwidth is a legacy of maybe a decade ago, when switches were crap (and some NICs were, too).

Then, can you check with something like ioperf or so, from two different hosts at the same time if you can get past the 1GBit/s?

LACP will only do load-balancing with different addresses.

So, if you test from one IP, you will only ever get 1 GBit/s.

You could also play with some of the setting described on calomel.org <http://calomel.org/> for tuning tcp/ip.

As others have pointed out, it won’t hurt moving this to freebsd-stable at freebsd.org <mailto:freebsd-stable at freebsd.org>….

Rainer