Insert Variable Values when loading a Cloud Config?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Jul 12 20:15:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 09:24:11PM -0400, leeand00 wrote:

Hi there,

> This is just a guess, but probably a hashap...or maybe a DNS server that
> assigns them statically.  But I suppose CoreOS has to request it from nginx,
> so it could probably even just pull it out of the request.

When you can see what the request is, and what information it includes,
and when you can see how nginx-or-something-else can take that information
and determine the correct public and private addresses to use, then you
may have enough information to configure sub_filter (or something else)
to return the content that you want.

Most of those missing pieces are not nginx-specific.

There might be someone here who knows about them; but if they are
CoreOS-specific, you may have better luck on a CoreOS list.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org