nginx not forwarding requests to backend servers.

Brian Pugh project722 at
Wed Jul 27 14:07:28 UTC 2016

nginx-1.10.1-1.el6.ngx.x86_64 on RHEL 6. What do you mean by rename the
upstream? I thought if my backend applications are listening for requests
on then thats what the upstream server needs
to be defined as in nginx? If I do rename and my backend server listen on then how does nginx know to use that in the
https header? What about the server_name decalaration and the info in proxy
pass? Would I need to change that to in order to match the new upstream

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 8:55 AM, crasyangel <nginx-forum at>